Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

During the hard stuff

This would be so much easier to write a year from now when I know the outcome, when I know how God will direct and work all of this out. When I could tell you what doors opened and what ones closed, where we are living and how God provided for us during a hard time. But the truth is, life doesn't work like that. I can't just fastforward the tough stuff to get back to the good. In fact, no matter what season in life, there is always something difficult we are facing. So this is a real life post, right smack dab in the middle of unknowns, uncertainty and a feeling a bit of wondering and wandering.  

Josh found out Friday that in our tiny little town, the company he works for will be moving out by the end of the year.  We are a one income family (on purpose and by choice) I'm a stay at home mom, homeschooling our four young boys.  This is our only income. When I found out the news Friday morning I could feel my heart just sink.  That day went on with a lot of questions, and wanting more details.  A few more details came with Josh coming home and filling me in, but actually there are still a lot of things we don't know. A lot of unanswered questions.  

However, here is a list of truths that I am clinging to.

*God is up to something

*He cares and has not taken His eyes off of our family

*He can fill me with peace even during this

*I have UNknowns. But to God, every. single. one. of those are KNOWNS

*I don't have to face this faithless, God is FAITHFUL and that fills me with hope

*Tears will sometimes flow, and that's okay

*There is still so much to be thankful for

*I do not know the future, but I do know and trust The One who does!




It's so much easier to say all of these things outside of a hard time, but in reality, it's a moment by moment choice to walk by faith.  When I let the circumstances flood in, I can quickly lose focus. 

But then I remember, God is in control and when I am weak, then He is strong. (Talk about good news!) 

So no matter what you are facing today, you do NOT have to face it alone. Get to the source of it all and rest in His strength. He cares and He will carry us through all of our real-lifeness, because the truth of it is, THIS IS THE GOOD STUFF, it brings us to Him! 


No comments:

Post a Comment