Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2016

DIY paint chip tray decor

My mom picked up this old tray at a garage sale and challenged me to find a way to re-do it.  I had been holding onto it for awhile thinking for ways to breath a little new life into it.  I knew I wanted something bright and bold.  I started by giving it a few coats of a mustard yellow spray paint.  



I came across some awesome chevron paint chip art pieces on Pinterest, and had the intentions of doing something similar with my tray. After trying a few different layouts, it just wasn't the right size to get a good chevron pattern to fit.  So I did the brick pattern instead. I glued them onto the tray, let that dry and then gave the whole thing a few clear coats to seal it.  

The pop of color it adds to our coffee table is just what I was looking for.




No comments:

Post a Comment