Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Copycat Takeout Chicken Fried Rice

Who doesn't crave chicken fried rice? This is a recipe I've changed, adapted, combined & tweaked from others I've tried. Hope you and yours enjoy as much as we do! This amount fed our family of 6 with leftovers for Josh to take to work.
penny-pincher friendly, Approx. cost $4.00 (I don't count sauces cause I keep those stocked) 
         
                                         
     Ingredients:
        3 Frozen Chicken Breasts, cubed & cooked with a little oil to brown
        3 cups cooked white rice- (best if chilled)
        3 eggs
        1/4 cup white onion
        3/4 cup frozen peas and carrots
        dab of butter to fry onion
        2 Tbs. soy sauce
        2 Tbs. Oyster sauce
        3-4 Tbs. sesame oil
        salt, pepper, garlic powder


Rice is cooked and chilled, (chilling helps it not get sticky or gooey when frying- leftover rice from another meal also works great)  Chicken is cubed and browned in pan, I added a little salt, pepper and garlic while cooking. Use a big enough pan to eventually be able to fit all the ingredients in.
                
Move chicken to back side of pan, add 3 eggs and scramble. Chop small with spatula once cooked and mix in with chicken.
add dab of butter and chopped white onion, brown and cook then mix in with other ingredients.
These are the three sauces I use, I don't have a preference to any brand. Add them in and stir. Smell that? That is pure deliciousness you are smelling right about now.  
Rice goes in, stir to mix and start frying. I like to brown it so I let it cook until it reaches that beautiful golden color

Dump in the frozen peas and carrots and keep frying/mixing until those are hot and tender. This is how it looks once it's all cooked.
Dish it up, and dig in. chopped green onion makes a great garnish, I just didn't have any on hand. Better than takeout Let me know what you think, Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment