Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Time Tithe

Recently I've been thinking about time.  There are so many sayings that come to mind that each paint a different word picture. 


  • Waste of time. 
  • Time flies. 
  • Burn some time. 
  • It's about time. 


The category I've been thinking about is investing time. What holds enough value to exchange hours of my life for? If you ask me what my values are, my spoken list would include: God, prayer and service. But if examined, would my days show proof of these things? Being transparent and open, honestly not as much as I'd like. It's been humbling and convicting to see how much nonsupporting evidence there is that I'm living these values out in real-time, that when examining my day there is a very real lack sometimes. I found this saying written in the inside back cover of my Bible: and it tugged at my heart in a new way.



Am I giving time to study the Word?  Sometimes yes and sometimes flat out no.  I want this to change.

Am I investing time praying for things? 

Am I serving where God has asked me to serve? Or am I grudgingly doing my "jobs" 

tithe


verb (used with object)tithed, tithing.

to give or pay a tithe or tenth




















































































We tithe money, and I believe this to be a very important Biblicaly supported practice. But what about time? What about service? I want to dig into the idea of a tithe of my time, investing more in prayer, and service from the heart, not from duty, or obligation. I'm looking forward to seeing what God will reveal to me, and ways I will experience spiritual growth as I take a step further... Maybe giving deeper, praying more earnestly, serving more intentionally. My focus narrowing in and centered on things that hold eternal value. Feel led to join me? I'd love to hear your thoughts! 



A time tithe of my waking hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment