Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

L.A.U.N.D.R.Y

Clean and awaiting folding and putting away!

My weakness.  Definitely not something I am on top of or good at.  It piles up in what seems like a blink of an eye.  I make big goals to stay caught up and guess what?  I fall quickly behind.  As in today is laundry day (it’s a dirty word to me- no pun intended) and I am currently on load 6.  The whole washing and drying part doesn’t bother me, and to be honest neither does the folding.  It’s the actual putting away that gets me muttering under me breath.  I know I should be thankful we are blessed with so much (“Should” being the key word here) It’s just that as soon as I am caught up, there are piles waiting again! 


All Folded!
Anyways, enough of my grumblings… what are YOUR laundry tips that help?  What have you tried that actually works for helping you keep up?  What system do you have in place to help you stay on top of things?  We installed a laundry chute (“we” being my sweet husband) and that has been something I absolutely LOVE.  All the clothes land 2 feet away from the washing machine, no more hampers or piles in every room… the one problem is, is that now it’s in the basement where I can (in my lazy ways) easily avoid it all together… yeah, you are seeing a really bad side of me today!  Laundry is seriously not even close to being a strength of mine.

I am going to choose to have a good attitude about this.  I am going to choose to serve my family by washing their dirty clothes and making sure my husband (he is really patient) has socks again!  I am going to choose not to let this get me down.  Maybe that’s my system… to at least make the most of it and not let the task ruin my day.  We all have areas in our responsibilities that weigh us down… so here’s to clean sheet night! 

4 comments:

  1. Laundry is my weakness too. I also have cloth diapers which I actually wash, but after washing those, the rest of the laundry just sits and sits and sits. So you aren't the only one. Sorry I don't have any great tips for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job with cloth diapers- if and when we add a new little one to our family that is something I would love to look into.

      Delete
  2. For me I don't want to put things away when there isn't enough space for it. Keep out-of-season things stored away in the basement or the attic and then you'll have extra space where items will fit more easily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just coming up on the tail end of decluttering and you are right- less stuff does make it easier to maintain... I look forward to getting better at keeping on top of things

      Delete